The idea of DALI (Data, Learning and Inference) is to combine the special qualities of the former Snowbird meetings (intimate atmosphere, very good people, plenty of time to interact) with attractive aspects of larger conferences that rarely take place in Europe. We use a three-day format with two days of workshops and one day of plenary talks in the middle, including a poster session. We pick a location that limits jet lag and / or travel times for many of us who normally travel to meetings in the US. The workshops feature research topics of current interest, and workshop participants are nominated by the workshop organizers. DALI is small and (geographically) biased towards European researchers. Participation is by invitation only.
DALI 2020 will take place in Costa d'en Blanes, Balearic Islands, Spain from Monday, April 13 until Thursday, April 16, 2020. We might add an additional ELLIS day on Friday, April 17th.
This event is sponsored and co-organized by:
- Neil D. Lawrence, University of Cambridge,
- Bernhard Schölkopf, MPI for Intelligent Systems (Tübingen) and Amazon
Local Organization Chairs
- Gergely Neu, Universitat Pompeu Fabra,
- Lorenzo Rosasco, Universita' di Genova and Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Diana Rebmann, DeepMind (Montréal),
- Timothy Gebhard, MPI for Intelligent Systems (Tübingen) and ETH Zurich